Saturday, June 13, 2009

Castle Rock

One of nature's many seats.

This is not Castle Rock itself. I waited here with the Dog while Kathy ascended the last quarter-mile on slippery rocks. Pretty sure the Dog wouldn't have survived. He'd nearly sprinted off a 12-foot drop moments earlier.

It was raining, but thankfully this rock was in a cave. But not one of those mildewy, moist caves. A dry cave. Yeah.

I like to listen to my iPod when hiking. This is okay with my wife, because she walks faster than I do in the woods. I walk faster than she does in the city. People frown on the use of headphones in the woods. That's because people like to frown on people. I, for example, enjoy frowning on people who frown on people. See how it works?

On the iPod, I listened to This American Life, an episode called Classifieds. Is that okay to listen to in the woods? I would have been listening to the baseball game, but no cell service.

I think next time I'll try to find some "woodland sounds" to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment