Thursday, June 18, 2009

Daily Show taping

Pretty fun, but kind of a long day for a short show. Worth it, though. Got there 3:15, left at about 7.

That Jon Stewart is a smart guy, and I admire how he manages to be satirical and somewhat immature, but does try to make intelligent peace about issues of importance, even if he is totally childish about things that are not important. Tonight, intelligent piece about abortion with Mike Huckabee.

After the show, Stewart said, "Yup, a 16-minute discussion about abortion. That's what we call comedy."

I was not the guy chided by Stewart for giggling. I don't laugh out loud, as my children will tell you. There's a very good reason: everything is funny, and if I laughed, I'd never do anything else. So I'm a bad audience member.

This is the first illegally photographed chair, by the way. No pictures! No pictures! No pictures!

I took one anyway. Sue me.

1 comment: