Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Car

Got in the car to go out with the family (minus Jonah -- off hiking) to meet my parents for dinner.  Opened the door and realized that Kathy had left the sunroof  open.

Wait -- I forgot to mention that it was raining.  Pouring, actually.  So for the second time this week, my butt got wet.

It was worth it, though, because it allowed me once again to show my true character.  I could have said things like, "Dammit!  Close the sunroof!" or other obvious admonishments that would accomplish nothing but to make me feel smug and self-righteous.  Instead, I smiled calmly and said nothing.  That way, I'm rising above it all.  I have a great perspective.  I am unflappable.  I know what's important and what's trivial.  I know that telling your spouse something she already knows is not the best way to build a healthy relationship.  I am forgiving, I am optimistic, I am continually upbeat and positive.  I don't see flaws; I see charming quirks.  I am patient and understanding, and I see the big picture.  I am great and I feel great.

This is why I am so wonderful / irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment