Monday, June 15, 2009

Sports Awards Banquet

I came in late, so there weren't open cafeteria seats. So, floor for me. Padded back, not too bad.

This is probably my 100th sports banquet of one kind or another. Sports banquets have played an important role in human history. I believe the Last Supper was a sports banquet. Or a Seder, but really that's the same.

We were there because Emma ran track on the high school varsity team. As an eighth grader, she did pretty well -- she missed going to the sectionals or states or something by two-hundredths of a second. That's okay, because it took place on the same day as the eighth grade class trip, and she wouldn't have gone anyway.

They did misspell her name on the certificate. They offered to fix it, but she declined -- I think she's like me (See: Honors Dinner.)

One thing that was kind of fun was that the baseball team won their sectional tournament this year. Most of the kids on that team played on the Little League team that I helped coach six or seven years ago. That was Jonah's first year on Little League, and we won the league. Those kids have all grown much taller. I have not.

No comments:

Post a Comment