Saturday, July 11, 2009

Backyard Beard Trim

Kathy trimmed my beard. Probably about an inch and a half. Nobody notices.

When you're a kid, and you get a haircut, you take some teasing the next day in school. Even if it's just someone saying, "Hey. You got a haircut," it feels like teasing. I don't know why that is.

I remember the first time I got a haircut and I realized that I didn't care about those comments. This was very liberating.

Now, I have a beard I'm kind of tired of. I've considered shaving, but part of the reason I haven't is that all of my current students only know me with a beard. So it'll be, "Hey! You shaved your beard!" times 250.

And if you haven't stopped reading these posts by now, please feel free to do so. I think I've reached bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment