Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shakespeare in the Park


Twelfth Night's Sir Andrew Aguecheek

and

Otto from A Fish Called Wanda:

Literary Cousins

Twelfth Night:

Sir Toby Belch: Excellent! I smell a device.

Sir Andrew Aguecheek: I have't in my nose too.

A Fish Called Wanda:

Otto: What was the middle thing?

*********************************************

Twelfth Night:

Sir Andrew Aguecheek: No, faith, I'll not stay a jot longer.

Sir Toby Belch: Thy reason, dear venom, give thy reason.

Fabian: You must needs yield your reason, Sir Andrew.

Sir Andrew Aguecheek: Marry, I saw your niece do more favours to the count's serving-man than ever she bestowed upon me; I saw't i' the orchard.

Sir Toby Belch: Did she see thee the while, old boy? tell me that.

Sir Andrew Aguecheek: As plain as I see you now.

Fabian: This was a great argument of love in her toward you.

Sir Andrew Aguecheek: 'Slight, will you make an ass o' me?

A Fish Called Wanda:

Otto: Don't call me stupid!

*********************************************

Twelfth Night:

Sir Toby Belch: [Reads a letter of challenge written by Sir Andrew Aguecheek] 'Fare thee well; and God have mercy upon one of our souls! He may have mercy upon mine; but my hope is better, and so look to thyself. Thy friend, as thou usest him, and thy sworn enemy, ANDREW AGUECHEEK.

A Fish Called Wanda:

Otto: It's a Buddhist meditation technique, focuses your aggression. The monks used to do it before they went into battle.

*********************************************

Twelfth Night:

Sir Andrew Aguecheek: Plague on't, an I thought he had been valiant and so cunning in fence, I'd have seen him damned ere I'd have challenged him. Let him let the matter slip, and I'll give him my horse, grey Capilet.

A Fish Called Wanda

Otto: It's K-K-K-Ken, coming to k-k-k-kill me!


No comments:

Post a Comment