Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bolt Bus

Rosa Parks wouldn't change her seat on the bus. Buses in Boston carried African-American school children through rock-throwing crowds. Psychedelic buses carried long-haired hippie people to Woodstock.

If you want to make progress, you'd better get on the bus. If you miss the bus, opportunity has passed you by. Choose your colleagues well, or they may turn on you and throw you under the bus.

A woman was carrying her baby onto a bus. The bus driver looked at her and said, "My God! That's the ugliest baby I've ever seen."

The women was taken aback, and made her way to an empty seat, visibly agitated.

"What's wrong?" asked the man next to her.

"That bus driver insulted me!" replied the woman.

"Wow! Did you tell him off?"

"No," said the woman, "I was too upset."

"Well, you should go give him a piece of your mind. Stand up for yourself!"

"Really? Do you think so?"

"Absolutely," said the man. "Go ahead, I'll hold your monkey."

The Bolt Bus is $20 from DC to NY. No stones, no monkeys and you can sit anywhere you want. And hippies are okay, too, although I didn't see any.


No comments:

Post a Comment