Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pepe's Pizza

Do I do restaurant reviews? I do!

Run, don't walk, to Pepe's Pizza in Fairfield, Connecticut. This has nothing to do with the food -- I just like the idea of people arriving out of breath to order pizza. Plus, it's on a busy road so running could create some comic car accidents. Especially if it's icy.

It is good pizza -- every location in America has a place that's "the best pizza around." This is Fairfield's.

One odd experience, though. I got pizza to go, and they asked me if I wanted it sliced, or if I'd slice it at home. I didn't understand the question at first -- who slices their own pizza? I guess that enough people in Fairfield do to warrant the question. Then, when they sliced it, they didn't go with the traditional radial pizza slices, loved by fraction-teaching math teachers all over the country. They cut it like a six-year-old might -- willy-nilly random cuts until it seemed like they were done. As a result, when eating the pizza it was difficult to choose which slice to take to get the traditional crust-to-cheese ratio. Some slice had no crust at all.

Disturbing, but tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment