Monday, July 6, 2009

Yankee Stadium

This was my 21st major league stadium. Here's the list, in no particular order:

1. New York (NL) - Shea Stadium*^!
2. New York (NL) - Citi Field!
3. New York (AL) - Yankee Stadium^!
4. Boston - Fenway Park!
5. Montreal - Jarry Park^
6. Montreal - Olympic Stadium
7. Philadelphia - Citizens Bank Park
8. Baltimore - Camden Yards!
9. Atlanta - Turner Field*+
10. Chicago - Wrigley Field*#!<
11. Houston - Astrodome#^!
12. St. Louis - Busch Stadium (old)#^
13. St. Louis - Busch Stadium (new)*$
14. Seattle - Kingdome^!
15. Seattle - Safeco Park!
16. Oakland - Oakland-Alameda County Stadium*@
17. San Francisco - AT & T Park%!
18. Los Angeles - Dodger Stadium
19. Anaheim - Anaheim Stadium%&
20. San Diego - Jack Murphy Stadium#^!
21. New York (AL) - Yankee Stadium (new)*

* = stadiums where I have attended games alone.
# = stadiums where people who would never have gone to a game otherwise came with me because they didn't want me to go alone.
@= stadiums where Rickey Henderson came to bat 4 times, walked 4 times, stole 5 bases, scored 4 runs. A's lost 14-6. This is kind of like seeing Babe Ruth hit 4 home runs.
%= stadiums where I attended All-Star games.
+ = stadiums where I had a long layover at the airport, so I took the train to the game, got there really early, watched batting practice and the top half of the first inning, then had to take the train back to the airport.
^ = stadiums that no longer exist.
$ = stadiums that were so new, that when I got there they determined that my seat hadn't been actually built, so they moved me 10 rows behind third base.
! = stadiums where I have attended games with relatives.
< = stadiums where Jonah saw his first major league baseball game.
> = stadiums where Emma was 5, Jonah was 7, the game was delayed two hours by rain, Mike Mussina pitched a 1-hit, 15 strikeout complete game, my family had a great time, and I confirmed that I'd chosen a good family (and David Ortiz and Johan Santana played before anyone cared who they were.)
& = stadiums where, after the game, with my car unmoving in the parking lot, a woman hit the corner of my bumper, continued to move forward as my car scratched the entire side of her car, finally disengaged, stopped, got out of her car and said to me, "Don't you know how to drive???"


1 comment:

  1. 18. Los Angeles - Dodger Stadium. ! - Mo and I were there. Dodgers vs. Mets. Weekend of Aunt Linda's wedding.

    ReplyDelete