Monday, July 20, 2009

Rack Truck

The garden is surrounded by a fence. The fence was installed by manly men and my wife. I also helped a little.

The garden is filled with vegetables such as tomatoes, swiss chard, leeks, beets, arugula, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, scarborough fair, basil, and many other things that go in other things to make them more organic and healthy and such.

The rabbits and whatnot like to eat the vegetables, as anyone who has read Potter knows. (Beatrix, not the wizard.) So we put chicken wire even below the ground to keep rodent-types from digging under the fence. (By "we" I mean Kathy; by "chicken wire" I'm not sure what I mean. )

We can outsmart rodents. We are humans! U-S-A! U-S-A!

We need dirt to bury the below-ground fence. We need to fill the back of the truck with dirt (twice) and drive into the backyard to bury the fence. This is a lot of dirt. It is satisfying to fill a hole with dirt. It is easier than digging the hole.

I don't even like beets.

No comments:

Post a Comment